About the LPC
In 2007, the University of Pittsburgh established the Learning Policy Center and the Learning Science and Policy Ph.D. program to advance ideas that lie at the intersection of policy and learning.
The LPC utilizes the rich talent pool of the School of Education, the Learning Research and Development Center, the Institute For Learning and other regional assets to connect high quality learning research with education policy decision-makers.
The LPC conducts rigorous academic research on critical policy issues and develops policy solutions based on research findings. The education policy issues explored by the center include:
- Defining and measuring teacher and leader quality
- Enhancing teacher and leader quality
- Building school and district capacity
- Improving instruction in content areas
- Evaluating and interpreting national and state education policies